For your eyes only
Eyes are the most treasured features of the human body. Remember the iconic question in Miss World 1994 whose terrific answer led to Aishwarya winning the crown? She said that she would donate her eyes to be remembered by the world after her death. Well now I believe that we have more reasons to remember her than just her eyes. LOL
Moving on, we should always take good care of our eyes. Whether you are a studious medico turned surgeon like me or a software engineer or a pilot or sportsperson, our eyes are our assets. Its always easier to prevent than to cure. Once you suffer from any eye aliment, then you are bound to suffer setbacks in life. Not every problem has a solution in contact lenses or LASIK surgery. Its important to protect our eyes from glaucoma, cataract, etc etc.
Here I list a few very easy eye care tips for everyday.
1. Wash your eyes with clean water frequently. This flushes out all the dirt.
2. Don't stare at your computer/mobile screen and television for too long. Blink frequently. The more you blink, the more rest your eyes get.
3. Don't read or do computer work in either too bright or too dim light.
4. Use anti glare glasses who spend too much time on the computer.
5. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and yellow fruits and veggies. If you are non vegetarian, then egg yolk and cod liver oil does wonders.
6. Get an eye check up done regularly.
7. Do not stare at the sun directly.
8. Whenever you step out, put on sunglasses. Especially during driving or walking in the sun. The sunnies should have 100% UV protection and made of good quality frames.
|I always wear sunnies while driving|
|Use sunnies when outdoors|
Hence sunglasses are not only a fashion accessory but an indispensable necessity. Here I round up five of my favourite styles:
1. Black Wayfarer: This frame is a classic staple for all guys. Leave all fancy ones, if you want a single piece in your collection, A black wayfarer is the one. You just can't ignore it. Find this here.
2. Mirrored Sunnies: Also popularly known as reflectors, these are latest on the block and are here to stay. A pristine blue colour is what you need for playing sports. Remember Arjun Ranatunga? Find this here.
3. Aviators: Now this style is even more classic than the wayfarer style. I feel every guy looks dapper in a pair of aviators. A black aviator is a must have. Find this here.
4. Orange Reflectors: I am yet to own an orange pair though I have always loved it. Our very own Virat Kohli flaunts it. This shade looks uber cool on the field. Find this here
5. Beach sunglasses: If mirrored ones are for the field then mirrored wayfarers are for a beach vacation or lounging. If you are a beach guy like me, then you should definitely own this pair! Find this here.
Sunglasses Images: Kraftly.com